As Pennsylvania transitions to the green phase, Berks East Gymnastics is open for summer classes and camps. (We opened for team strength and conditioning on June 10th, and the procedures we have been using have been working very well) REGISTER HERE
There will be some changes with normal procedures.
Berks East Gymnastics will follow all CDC guidelines and protocols for proper sanitation within our facility. These include but not limited to:
(1) Multiple hand sanitizers (that will be distributed by coaching staff) at each event as well as entry and exit of the building. Please bring your own hand sanitizer if possible.
(2) All light switches, handles, and counter tops will be wiped down by staff as needed (after use)
(3) Rotational cleaning and documenting when each piece of equipment was cleaned.
(4) Gymnasts, parents and staff members must wear a mask upon entering the facility, when taking a bathroom break, and upon leaving for the day.
(5) The foam pits will be covered with mats and these mats will be sprayed down after each rotation of use.
(6) Gymnasts and coaches will sanitize their hands upon switching to a different station.
(7) Extra time will be added to the schedule to allow for proper cleaning in between rotations and arrival/departure
Every child should have a temperature check before entering the gym. If a temperature is over 100.4 (CDC guideline) or they are not feeling well that day, please do not come to the gym.
Please make sure your child uses the bathroom before coming to the gym to keep bathroom usage in the gym at a minimum.
Gymnasts should be dressed in workout apparel and ready to work out. Gymnasts will NOT BE ALLOWED to change in the bathrooms. All belongings/clothing/shoes should stay in his/her bag and in the gym in designated areas. cubbies/lockers will not be available for use as of now.
1) There will be ONE way to ENTER and ONE way to EXIT to ensure no bypass contamination
(2) Each gymnast's temperature will be checked by our Touchless Thermometer as they enter the building.
(3) If a gymnast has had any of the following, please do not allow your child to come to gymnastics:
- Fever in the past 24 hours such as chills, sweats, felt "feverish" or had a temperature that is elevated for you/100.0°F or greater?
- Cough, Shortness of Breath or Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Nasal Congestion/Runny Nose, Myalgia (Body Aches), Loss of Taste and/or Smell, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fever/Chills/Sweats
- Been in contact with anyone known to have tested positive for Covid-19
Per CDC guidelines, our 11,300 sq. foot building can hold 79 people in total in this phase. We plan to have a max of 50 in the facility at any point in time, utilizing the main gym, and the dance room. This is subject to change as local guidelines change.
Only 1 gymnast per bathroom at a time
(1) Each gymnast must wear their mask
(2) Bathroom doors will already be propped open
(3) Using a paper towel to open the stall door as well as turn on and off the sink faucet when washing hands
Gymnasts and staff MUST wash their hands for 20 seconds before leaving the bathroom.
*Office staff will regularly clean bathrooms as needed*
Coaches that need to assist or spot a gymnast will be wearing masks.
For the health and safety of all, it is preferred that parents not enter the lobby area for the time being, until restrictions are relaxed. However, we realize we cannot prohibit parents from watching their daughters per SafeSport policy. Per CDC guidelines, we can allow 5 parents/caregivers at a time to be in the lobby at one time and they should stay 6 feet apart. Please be courteous to others and limit your time in the lobby/bleachers to just a few minutes so others can have time in there as well.
We are working on a remote viewing, so that parents can watch practice if they want from an electronic device.
After practice is complete, each gymnast will sanitize their hands, leave through our designated EXIT (Party Room Doors) or side gym door. If leaving through the party room, gymnasts must wear their masks.
Please be prompt when picking up your child so that we can maintain our ratio in the gym.
- Berks East Coaching Staff